External Links

ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
Employment relationship experts, offering practical information and advice on employment matters for employees and employers.
Website: www.acas.org.uk
Helpline: 08457 474747

Text Relay service: 18001 08457 474747
Publications Orderline: 0870 242 9090
Link here:  "Paying staff with small business"

Age UK
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our information and advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
Website: www.ageuk
Address: 207-221 Pentonville Road, London N1 9UZ
Telephone: 0800 169 6565
Email: info@ageuk.org.uk

Counselling services
Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The Directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news and events. All our counsellors are qualified and we are now a leading support network in th UK. To access the directory,please clickHERE

Childcare for families with disabled Children: how to access free childcare for two to four year olds
This Guide is designed to help parents understand their rights to free childcare for disabled children, and help them challenge decisions by local authorities and childrens settings if access to free childcare has been denied. Please click HERE

Disclosure and Barring Service
Our aim is to help protect children and vulnerable adults by providing a first-class service to support organisations recruiting people into positions of trust.
Website: www.crb.gov.uk
Tel: 0870 909811
Textphone: 0870 9090344

Department of Health
Website: www.doh.gov.uk see also http://www.direct.gov.uk/
Enter "direct payments" into the search engine to access the relevant pages
Policy Related Enquiries: OPDEenquiries@doh.gsi.gov.uk

The National Council of Disabled People from Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
Waltham Forest College, 707 Forest Road, London EH17 BJB
Telephone/Fax: 020 8527 3211

Health and Safety Executive
Provides information on Health and Safety in the workplace and publishes free leaflets

Website: www.hse.gov.uk

Independent Living (1993) Fund
The Independent Living Fund is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body of the Department for Work and Pensions. We are a national resource dedicated to delivering financial support to disabled people and advancing standards of independent living.

Website: www.ilf.org.uk
Address: P.O Box 7525, Nottingham NG8 3RD

Email: funds@ilf.org.uk

In Control
In Control believes people who need support can control their own lives and be full citizens - using
Personal Budgets as part of their Self-Directed Support
Website: www.in-control.org.uk/factsheets
Address: In Control Support Centre, Carillon House, Chapel Lane, Wythall, West Midlands, B47 6JX
Tel: 0156 482 1650
Email: admin@in-control.org.uk

Inland Revenue

Website: www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk

Website: www.mencap.org.uk

Infoline: 0300 123 3393
Saneline: 0845 767 8000 (everyday 6pm-11pm)Website: www.mind.org.uk
Email: contact@mind.org

Social Care Institute for Excellence ( Personalisation Videos on Social Care TV)
Website: www.scie.org.uk

The Pensions Regulator For further information on the Pension regulations please go to the governing bodies website: www.tpr.gov.uk

Taking on an employee (toolkit)
This tool outlines the five steps an employer must take when employing someone for the first time. It applies to most first-time employers who have already decided who they want to take on. More information is provided at each step of the tool for employers who may have further legal obligations.

You can also get advice and information on employment matters from the Business Link Helpline on 0845 600 9 006. It's open Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm.